If you’ve recently given birth and you are having a difficult time getting rid of the “mom body,” a mommy makeover may be something to consider. With a mommy makeover, the goal is to restore the shape and appearance of your body back to what it was like before childbearing. Usually completed in one procedure, a mommy makeover can consist of breast enhancements – augmentation, lift, or reduction – a tummy tuck, liposuction, buttock augmentation, and vaginal rejuvenation.
When considering a mommy makeover, there are several factors to take into consideration and/or speak with your doctor about before performing the procedure. Some of those factors are as follows:
- Desired amount of restoration
- Placement of incisions
- Type of implant used
- Current medical health
- Realistic expectations
- You are finished with childbearing
Cost is always something to consider when thinking of undergoing any type of augmentation or enhancement. Depending on your specific procedure, cost may include:
- Medical tests and/or X-rays
- Anesthesia fees
- Surgeon’s fee
- Post-surgery garments
Although the procedure itself is typically done in one sitting, there is the recovery phase that follows that depends on body type as well as the different types of surgery performed. Here are somethings to plan for after the procedure.
- Caregiver – You’ll want to take some time to rest for at least the first twenty-four hours after the procedure. During this period, you may feel weak or nauseous and it’s helpful to have someone help you move around.
- Childcare – After all, you are a mommy. You may need help with childcare after the procedure is done, anywhere from one to three weeks.
- Swelling, Bruising, and Pain – All three of these are natural responses to these procedures, and they represent healing. However you will want to have your surgeon’s number on hand in case you notice anything that seems excessive including bleeding and vomiting.
- Sponge Baths – Until your pads or gauze is removed, sponge baths are recommended for the first three to five days after surgery. This will also help reduce raising your arms too high, as this can put extra stress on the breast muscles.
This is not an all-inclusive list, but they are things to consider and expect after your mommy makeover. Rest assured, with Dr. Kadz, a board certified surgeon with over 20 years of experience, you are in good, professional hands that will make this procedure as seamless as possible.